This is the ramblings of a thirty something woman trying to make sense of her chaotic life, sometimes reflective and always considerate join me for a view of our world.
Sunday, 4 March 2012
Birthdays
I have been very last recently as real life has taken over virtual life with work getting busier by the day as we take some exciting new steps. My wonderful husband has also taken some new steps as he has changed his workplace. For many of us this is quite a mundane thing but for an artist changing your studio is huge. He found making the decision hard but when he met his new boss and colleagues he felt instantly at ease and knew he would feel nourished in the artistic sense although since he changed job I have been making a packed lunch so he is nourished in the physical sense too! The littlest in my brood has moved into a big girl bed. To many of you this may seem a non event but to little children this is monumental she is now in her bedroom trying it for size. My eldest has passed his driving test and got a new job, the first steps in adult life being well and truly taken, the boy will be mobile in the next few weeks I think I may need some more hair dye as I know this is a huge worry but he has to take risks and I have to let him, parenthood is much easier when you can still control all their choices.
But the main reason I'm blogging today isto reflect on the steps my lovely twins are taking on today their fifteenth birthday. I can just about remember being 15 and it was a real up and down year, not a child but not yet the grown up sixteen when you start getting new rights. For them it's a year of study and exams, choices about their future careers, the choices about relationships and social groups, identity and fashion. So my beloved twins enjoy these steps, but support each other for unlike many teenagers you have the gift of knowing you have unconditional love and support from each other, so use it.
As for me I have to accept as they get older so do I, maybe I need to shop at Bon marche? Pah! I'm detirmined to go backwards in the age front so bring on the dye and the leopard print........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment