Saturday, 14 July 2012

It's been a while........

Hello world. I have not blogged for ages as I have been so busy with work stuff and I couldn't really write about it on the Internet. So since I blogged last I no longer work for the local authority we have no successfully divested our organisation from SCC and we are now Leading Lives a social enterprise run as an employee owned cooperative. This piece if work has been really hard and time consuming but is also one of the things I have been involved in that I am most proud of. The feeling of we all did this when I look round at work is so motivating I feel I could take on any challenge thrown at us. I think that's why this type of company is proving to be a positive model for the future, in a world of bankers bonuses, fat cats and a huge divide between the haves and the have nots a cooperative is about all pulling together and achieving outcomes to support not only our organisation but also the community. So what else has been happening? My eldest has left college as he hated it and got a job in social care, when he comes home full of how good his day is it really makes me very proud. I can also see how it's maturing him (not totally of course he still drives us crazy) he thinks much more of others. My wonderful husband is enjoying working in a new studio in colchester and is pushing himself to produce some great work, and having just had a new tattoo yesterday I was blown away with how great it is. What has not changed since I blogged last? Mmmmmmm it's still raining! I don't know about you but Im sick of rain at the moment, I long for some lazy sunny days by the beach but no luck so far. Ruby is still drawing everything and her pictures are getting better and better she clearly has Daddy's talent! And my twins have finished their first year of exams and have done really well. They work really hard on revising something their big brother could learn from! So is there some deep message in my blog this time, well perhaps what this blog is saying is that life rolls on. A friend said to me recently that it's hard when you don't hear from people but sometimes that's because life gets busy and you become occupied with living it not just writing about it. Having said that I am going to make an effort to blog weekly again, if you can all bear it! Enjoy the wet stuff everyone and I don't mean fifty shades of grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment