Retro or Modern?
Now as many of you know I am a devotee of the 1950's, cars, music, fashion and styling were all just so much better back then. I have spent the weekend submerged in beautiful machinery and glamourous women. I think we can learn much from the 1950's. For example my car built in 1958 is still as beautiful as when it was made, drives better than my modern car and is a mechanics dream as it uses v8 engines and simple principles, no on board computers and most definitely no plastic. My clothes are all lined and have support built in which help me stand up straight and proud, they also make me look and feel like a women, curvy and celebrating the glmaour and sassy nature of women. Compare this to today's plastic car which need scrapping by the time the car has passed 100,000 and to fix then you have no choice but to go to a dealership due to the electronics. Women are wearing shapeless jumpers and Lycra leggings which make us look like rippling tar and show our horrible knickers which don't match our bras. Everyone is encouraged to be the same shade of fake tan which lips smothered in lip gloss so we look like we are dribbling. Women drink till their sick in doorways instead of getting a bit sozzeld on gin and tonics or cocktails. So let's try and bring back some of the fifties we can skip the bad bits like anti communist, xenophobia and racisim, and still make sure women can have great careers. But do I really want that?
Probably not, I relish the fact I am different to most, that people turn and stare when I walk or drive by. I like going to a party and knowing no one will have the same dress as me and the thrill I get knowing men are glancing at my seamed stockings and imagining the corsetry and garters holding it up and wishing their wife would ditch their leggings and fake tan! Being individual and having your own sense of who you are is something I have become more comfortable with as I have grown older and wiser but it is the one gift I would love to give to my girls as they grow up. So just be yourself, wear what you like not what some magazine tells you. When your true to you, you can be true to others......
No comments:
Post a Comment