The start of a new season.
Well it's the first of September and getting through August is always a relief for me, and this year again was a month of highs and lows. This year would have been my sons seventh birthday and in a week where we celebrate his birthday I also celebrate my wedding anniversary and remember the day he died all within a five day window. This year on top of this I had the worry of my eldest getting his GCSE results so it's all been a bit of a roller coaster. To be honest I get through August like a bit of a robot as I still find myself struggling to cope with the loss of a child and although I get a bit number each year the pain still aches. I wish really there was a book which gave me all the answers to how to deal with grief but sadly we just have to muddle through! However in all of this quagmire there is the light which guides me through and that is my family. The love they give me feeds me such strength it empowers me to keep going instead of just crawling into a little heap. And that's something that we can all hold onto human beings need other human beings, so when things are tough reach out to someone and life will be so much easier. So I'm looking forward to a beautiful autumn with some new milestones like my eldest having his 17th birthday. Raise a glass to the next year of getting through life and seizing the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment