Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Another year starts
Like many other parents tomorrow is the day my kids return to school, and it's most welcome as I am running out of fun ideas for the littlest one. Tomorrow my twins start their last two years at high school and their gcse's, my eldest starts his two year college course and the youngest is in her last year at primary school. And in the midst of all this academia I and about to start the next term of my CSEM. Last week I received my first results for the assignments I completed and was pleased but then thought could I have done better, and that's typical can a woman ever be happy with her lot! But it got me thinking how a few years of study can determine the whole course of your life, as an adult you do learning to develop your career but it's the study as a teenager which can have such an impact, wether your experience was positive or negative can affect if you go to university or the relationship you have with your employer. Such important times and such a valuable role in that of the teacher. We can all remember the teachers who inspired us and the teachers who taught us nothing and belittled is. This is the impact people have on our life at this tender age. So to all the children work hard, learn loads and as cliched as it is this is a really important time of your life. And to the teachers thank you for all the additional hours you do marking and preparing, the difference you make to young minds. Enjoy the new term and roll on half term!

No comments:

Post a Comment