Another year older....
On Saturday I turned 38, a year which is not revered but just another year older. I am finding now I get a little more anxious about the future each year, I focus on my health, my career and start worrying about retirement more, all a sign of advancing years I have been told. I'm looking forward to being forty as I see that as almost a reawakening of youth, a chance to abandon worries and have some new found freedoms. This birthday was very uneventful, a few cards and presents in the morning then hubby went to work and I went off to work to support a fundraising event. Got home had a takeaway, then my chest pains got horrific. For those who don't know I have developed a syndrome called teizetes which is an inflammation of the intercostal tissue. It's not life threatening but is exceptionally painful, the symptoms are that of a heart attack. On Saturday the pain intensified and I got worried, so had to get it checked out as I did start to worry I could be having a heart attack. Sitting there waiting for the doctor to reassure me I thought it would be bloody ironic to have a major health issue on my birthday. But it also made me realise that I had started to get to the age when health becomes your greatest gift. The news was it was not a heart attack but was still the teizetes and I have to learn to manage this better but also perhaps I need to take control of my health and stop trying to hide from my arthritis. So what for the next year? This next year will be a really exciting on for my career as we step into a new chapter, my eldest is starting to drive, and my middle children are starting their gcses. So here's to the future and health, wealth and exciting times.
No comments:
Post a Comment