All Systems Go......
The last week has been very busy both professionally and personally. A work we took another important step along our journey to be independent, and for me this felt like a red letter day. My colleagues went along to our cabinet meeting to see the proposal being discussed, I was I'll so couldn't be there, but they sat through a lot of items till it got to ours and then text me to say it had been agreed in principle. Those people who made they decision had a lot of people's hopes and dreams for the future in their hands for that discussion, and whilst there are still things to be doing to move to the next platform I personally feel elated that we are that bit closer. It a strange feeling to be this close to the realisation of something i feel so passionately about that I can almost touch it, but still having to have that patience until everything is completed. What I do know is this journey is going to make the finish line such a terrific sense of achievement, could this be my professional Maslow moment of self actualisation I have been searching for I wonder?
In my home life I saw my youngest reach her sixth birthday. I know it's not one of those milestones like 1, 10 or 16/18/21 but I remember at that age each year is truly amazing as you desperately want to be older, unlike me who would quite happily get younger now! So after a wonderful few days off with my family enjoying this special day, I truly feel blessed. At this time in my life I have a career which is so exciting and gives me mental sustinence, I have children who are becoming wonderful adults and Ruby who makes each day full of happiness. So life is good and I don't think we take enough of a step back to appreciate it.
On another note we helped make two lovely guys civil partnership special by driving them in the car to the service, so congratulations to Simon and guy and I hope you have a happy partnership, well done guys. Also as I write this a very lovely lady is in hospital giving birth to her first child, mel used to be my nanny and was there when I went into labour with the twins. So good luck mel and look forward to meeting your new addition.
No comments:
Post a Comment