Doing something differently.
I was at work today when I get a call from my lovely husband to let me know he is out on his bike to the shops. Many of my friends know but some blog viewers may not know that myself and my man are shall we say of generous proportions. This year we have vowed to resolve this situation by trying to get in shape and loose weight so this is another big step in this epic journey. I was immensely proud of him as he is not the athletic person and going out on a bike is quite a big thing. After I put the phone down I smiled and thought that's what I need to do today something new, something different to stretch my bursting brain. So tonight I am going to a taster session for the Suffolk school of social entrepreneurs. I am not sure what the session will hold for me but I have grabbed the nettle and signed up. Some readers won't know what a social entrepreneur is, in a nutshell it's someone who develops a business which makes a profit, but the profit is ploughed into a social aim. As a public sector worker I can see this being our future and instead of being someone who is stuck in the "old days" I have decided I am someone who can do things differently,so I urge all of you to try something different, change can be good if you put yourself back in the driving seat.
No comments:
Post a Comment