Put the work in and get the results back
As a child growing up I always remember my parents telling me we don't mind if your not getting the highest grades as long as you always give 100% Its such a simple ethic to live by but one which gives you results. I can remember times when I didn't give 100% and that's when I have always had problems. A great example of this was much first marriage, I became lazy, and I don't mean physically but emotionally, neither of us could be bothered and this ultimately ended up causing me to end our marriage as I began to feel empty inside. I now understand how important it is to listen to my current husband, to make the effort to support each other and to make the time to offer the physical and emotional support he needs. And to me this is the key to great relationships wether they be with your children or your family our friends and colleagues. I always try to find out about people and what is important to them, their needs and aspirations. Knowing people's childhood memories and being able to show them you know them is so special. So why I am writing about this today? Yesterday I had a very important and difficult meeting and one which could have gone wrong, but I remembered to put in the 100% and took the time to think about the needs of the people I was talking too, and this resulted in a positive outcome. So if life does appear to be going off kilter, step back and think am I giving 100% if your not can you, you will be amazed at the results.
Reading this back it does sound like one of those self help things, don't worry I'm not going to get people to do a step programme writing affirmations on post it notes!
No comments:
Post a Comment